This famous French poet, Guillaume Apollinaire, died young of war wounds, in 1918. He was born on August 26, 1880. Apollinaire helped create the avant garde; the term surrealism, is a coinage of his. Roger Shattuck translated his writing and put out a volume of selections of his writing for the English, and here we find this stanza:
I want in my own home:
A wife of sound reason
A cat among the books
Friends in every season
Without which I cannot live.
Myself I like the lack of punctuation in this poetry, as much as the wonderful list.
Kevin Mitnick was born on August 6, 1963. He was at one time the most wanted criminal computer hacker in the world. Nowadays he is a rich (and deservedly so) computer security consultant. His latest book (2008) is titled: "No Tech Hacking: A Guide to Social Engineering, Dumpster Diving, and Shoulder Surfing." Mitnick co-authored this book, and I am not sure if he or his co-author has a cat, but one of them definitely does. This book mentions shredding old mail to use for cat litter.
Comments
Post a Comment